Monday, September 1, 2008

Shouxin's Wedding Dinner at Sheraton Tower on 31st Aug 2008

Today is the first day after the "Hungry Ghost Festival". Typically, couples will avoid getting married during the 7th lunar month as well. This is statistically proven.

It gives me great joy to attend a secondary school classmates wedding dinner tonight. It also marks the start of many wedding dinner to come for the class, with mine coming up in less than 2 months time as well.

I met up with an old classmate who is currently teaching at Xinmin Secondary School. He thanked me helping him to improve his mathematics during secondary school days, so that he is able to fulfill the requirement of his job now, teaching mathematics and physical education, although the latter is his preferred subject. I can't remember exactly how I helped during in the past. All I can remember was that he was made to sit beside me at the front of the class so that he can concentrate better and behave better (this is normal for a boy in a boy school).

It made me really happy that I have made a difference in other people's life. Later in the evening, 2 other classmates also shared that they still remember "copying" my homework during the schooldays. No doubt"copying" was not good but its important that they understand what they are copying and enable to keep up with class.

This really make my day today. :)

No comments: