Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kids are just kids...

Over the past few days, we have been thinking how to break the news to the people around us, family, friends, colleagues & etc.

On Monday, I met my siblings over dinner as it's Gabriel's 2nd Birthday.

As usual, they have started dinner (its 8pm by the time we reached). After Ivy took a seat, Fabian offered her red wine. My instant response was that she can't drink, hoping that they can get the hint. No, they did not. I was thinking that its a wasted chance.

After visiting the washroom, my 2 other sisters joined the table. As gracious hosts, they offered the same thing to Ivy as well. I replied that she can't drink. Charisa, usually the slower of the lot, wondered why she can't drink. Then she asked if Ivy is expecting and finally, the cat is finally out of the bag. They all cheered as its an occasion to be happy about.

What followed next was probably the more interesting part.

After hearing the cheer, my 2 nieces came over and ask their mummy what happened. Jean asked them to guess. Azel was spot-on and her sister tried to refute her by replying that it cannot be. Its probably because yee-yee got a boyfriend already.

Kids are so funny and its akin to having "Kinder Surprise". You will never know what they can bring to you each day. =)

Next up will be my mum which I am totally clueless how to break the news to her.

No comments: