Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Shopping

I took 1/2 day leave today to complete my christmas shopping. It is tedious to find something meaningful, purposeful and most importantly, able to bring a smile to the person's face when he/she received the gift.

So near yet so far; when I was left with the only present to search for, it turned out to be the toughest of all. The recipient of this gift is an unassuming person, who probably cares for the environment and does not snack. In any case, I never like to buy food as a gift unless forced to.

I walked from Takashimaya to Orchard Ion and back to Takashimaya again before settling for something.

Orchard Ion is huge and pretty grand. However, I did not have a good impression of the toilet. While the material they used looks good and posh, the toilet cleaner who was around did not ensure that there is sufficient toilet paper in the washroom. He was simply busy with maintaining the basin and mirror.

Perhaps I was expecting slightly too much =P.

No comments: