Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Invisible?

Today, my division welcomed 2 'new' officers. Why the word "new" comes with inverted commas is because these 2 officers are not exactly new, one of them transferred from another research and statistics unit while the other joined us on secondment to help out with the Census Project.

As part of the newcomers' "ritual", they will be brought around the office to tell existing officers that these are the new kids on the block. Today was no exception.

However, as the HR officer approached my cubicle with the 2 new officers, I heard her saying "Tze Chow is not around today, we will go to the next cubicle instead.". I was astonished when I heard that. What makes you think I am not in office today?

This is not the first time anyway. In the past when I enjoyed the luxury of a office (with no windows though), the HR officer always missed my room as well. Reason being that the room used to be a library and along the same alley, there were no officers around the area.

Perhaps this is a gentle reminder that I am not longer considered part of the office and its time to go. =)

No comments: