Thursday, December 24, 2009

Reflections

I just came back from Irma's wedding dinner a while ago. Her wedding dinner showed us that wedding is an event about the groom and bride, not so much for the family although it is often the case these days. The way the wedding was carried out, the choice of food and colour scheme (black) reminded me of what I wanted to do for my own wedding but gave in due to numerous considerations and constraints.

Most importantly for me however was the speech that Irma and Jason (her husband) made. It touched me. It reminded me of my own wedding dinner a year ago whereby I made a promise to 400 over guests that I will take good care of my wife.

However, stress & emotion seem to have gotten the better of me recently that I nearly forgot the promise I had made. Suddenly I was so ashamed of my behaviour. When I reached home, the first thing I wanted to do was to give her a hug and say sorry. Although she does not know what happened, I think its enough. Enough for me to repent and reflect through how we got together and why we went onto this path together.

I guess one would only cherish the things they took for granted when on the verge of losing them. This is human nature. It is sad but it is true.

No comments: