Friday, December 25, 2009

Queuing for Free Newspapers

The liberalization of the print media industry brought about (free) newspaper where the companies recover the cost solely from advertising revenue.

Currently, there are 2 main newspapers that comes without a cost these days, i.e. TODAY and MyPaper. Typically, they are made available near MRT stations so that those in the morning rush hours can pick a copy and read them on the train on the way to work.

The papers will be distributed at approximately 730am each morning. I spotted something interesting last week when I was trying my best to reach office earlier than usual. At around 720am, although the distributor (of the newspaper) is ready with the stack of newspaper behind them, she just stood there and waited with the queue forming up before her.

I can't find the reason why don't she start distributing them since everything is ready? Is there a prescribed time for her to start distributing? If it was me, I would rather start distributing so long everything is ready and go home early after that.

No comments: