Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is it that difficult?

I was heading to work as usual this morning. There were about 6 to 8 people in the lift. When I was in there, those near the buttons did not hold the door open, resulting in some of the people being caught by the door.

When it was time for me to leave the lift, the same happened to me as well. Is it that difficult for someone to hold the door for others? Where has the basic etiquette gone to?

When I was young, i remember the campaign "Courtesy begins with me". Currently, there is still several of these "Singa" standing near the Central Fire Station as mascots, probably reminding us of the need to show courtesy to others.

"Do to others what you want others to do to you." This is the principle I am holding close to my heart and I am not changing it anytime soon. However, I would appreciate if everyone shows a bit more consideration for others in the daily living and the world will be a better place.

No comments: